Learn the basics of website content management using the Drupal CMS and about creating and maintaining the content, menus and users.
Our Drupal Training Beginners Workshop is aimed at people who have never used Drupal before, or those who are not confident using Drupal. We cover the basics of Drupal administration including creating and editing pages, adding content, images and links, creating article categories, creating menu items and managing users.
This practical Drupal workshop will teach you everything you need to know about creating and maintaining the content, menus and users.
Audience: Beginner website owners, Junior - Intermediate web designers, and front-end web developers.
Skill Level: Beginner - Intermediate - Moderate
Duration: 1 x Day (6 hours)
Class size: Courses limited to maximum of 8 persons.
What you will learn
The aim of the workshop is to equip you with the knowledge and tools to understand the drupal CMS and how it can be managed. It is a practical course with code examples, coding activities and plenty of guidance to help you.
Learning to use Drupal:
- Creating and editing content types
- Creating, editing and deleting taxonomy categories
- Creating, editing and deleting content
- Adding text, images and links to your content
- Publishing and unpublishing content
- How to edit content from the front-end
- How to feature content on the front page
- How to create SEO friendly page names
- Setting the home page for the website
Learning to Manage Menus
- Creating new menus
- Creating menu items and adjusting their position
- Adding and configuring menu items
- Setting the order of menu items
Learning User administration
- creating user types for content management
- creating users, blocking users, deleting users
- user permissions - controlling who can do what
Available delivery methods for this workshop
- GROUP CLASSROOM
- GROUP MY LOCATION
- GROUP REMOTE
- PRIVATE CLASSROOM
- PRIVATE MY LOCATION
- PRIVATE REMOTE
- ONLINE ON-DEMAND
Drupal Beginners Training Course duration 6 hours
Weekday cost £295.00 per person
Available locations: Birkenhead Studio (Wirral), Remote or Your Premises*
Evening and weekend cost £375.00 per person
Available locations: Birkenhead Studio (Wirral) or Remote only
Full payment is payable at the time of booking. No refund will be given if you cancel your course less than 14 days before your course date.
*Within 30 miles of CH41 5DL. Outside this area travelling time and expenses apply.
You will receive a comprehensive course manual for this class.
You will need:
- Laptop Computer
- Pen and A4 Notepad
You will have access to the online campus for this course after attending the workshop.